Target Madness!!!

octobre 22, 2013



Helloooooo!

Target opened at the Galeries d’Anjou last week, so I went shopping! Yes, retail shopping is totally suburban-y, but who can resist such a marketing campaign? “Salut Quebec!” signs posted all over with that little Target dog all over the place? It certainly hyped the opening for shoppers everywhere in Canada. If you’ve been to one in the US before, it’s exactly the same thing; however, if you’ve never been to Target before, let me tell you that it’s a retail giant above all, but with some striking differences from what we are used to.


            Their women’s clothing section has some really cute selections, including printed tops, dresses, and denim. As I shopped around, I could hear others exclaiming: “Oh this is cute!” and  “Oh I love it!”  It might have been shoppers with opening day excitement, but they were right. There really was cute stuff that you’d expect from a boutique rather than a box giant.
          As is custom in every retail store, there was a beauty section and a grocery section. No fresh produce, but there was certainly a wide selection of everything else. It’s also Halloween in a few weeks, and they had some really nice decorations and costumes (like huge Styrofoam wigs that everyone was trying on and Instagraming live in store.) Standard, but it still managed to stand out.


            The most exciting in my opinion is their home section! They have some of the nicest home accessories I’ve ever seen, and the best part is that they are affordable! Also, if you’re an Oprah fan, the interior decorator Nate Berkus (featured on her show and network) has a line of home products sold at Target. So many picture frames, mirrors, candles, clocks, and even furniture (funky and not-so-funky) were all so very attractive that it made me want to buy everything. I didn’t of course, but when I do redecorate my home, I know where I will shop first.


            As I waited in the massive line-up for the cash (which went quickly because clearly the management team was ready for such a crowd) I noticed the one major thing that probably made this retail store different from your run-of-the-mill retail store in suburbia: a Starbucks. Yes, pricey coffee and sugar rushes are turn-offs, but the appeal of a Starbucks coffee is difficult to turn down. I guess this was the point when I truly noticed how this wasn’t a Zellers anymore, since I could have walked out with a soy-latte instead of a club sandwich.
            In short, I like Target. While many compare it to the former tenants of this space, it does have some appealing differences that will make this retail store a success in Canada!

Happy shopping!
Ger
xoxo


Géraldine, collaboratrice du mardi
À propos de l'auteur:

Géraldine est une professeure d'école secondaire, elle est aussi une de mes amies les plus chères. Fan finie de médias sociaux, Instagram est de loin son préféré d'entre tous. Suivez-la sous @geraldinea pour en découvrir davantage sur elle. Le mardi elle nous présente ses trouvailles de la semaine! C'est un rendez-vous! xo

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Laissez votre commentaire ici: